On our regular winter trips, this is what is NOT included;
- Travel to France – Most people fly to / from Geneva Airport (look on kayak.co.uk or skyscanner.net for some of the best prices). Any arrival or departure times are fine. Although your room might not be ready – you could definitely arrive early / leave late and bag extra days on the snow!
- Obvs, the plane isn’t the only way – here’s a few more ideas
- Transfers from / to Geneva. Expect about £60 each way… you can go cheaper on scheduled services, but these often won’t wait and might drop you ‘a bit of a walk’ from the chalet.
- A lift pass – we can have this waiting for you in the chalet – read about the options here
- Equipment Hire – we work with Hubert Sports in Morzine. They give HOFNAR guests 20% off, but expect about £130 for a week’s hire of skis or snowboard and boots
- Lessons – we work with all the schools in Morzine – more info here
- Clothing – you need your own ski / snowboard gear – beg, borrow, steal from friends otherwise use ebay, TK Maxx. Check out our packing list or if you need more help just give us a shout!
- Insurance – Comprehensive travel insurance including winter sports cover is a condition of booking. All guests must have adequate cover in place before travelling.
- Two nights we normally go out for dinner as a group and at your own expense. Typically we’ll go for a fairly informal pizza on the first night and something more “Français” on the last.