If you’re a reasonably experienced skier or boarder (you can do a black run without breaking a sweat), come and join us!
If you’ve never ventured away from the crowds before, don’t worry – the week before this one is a “Beginner’s Off Piste” week.
If you’re a bit more used to untapped territory, read on… we’ll go off with guides to explore what the vast Portes du Soleil area really has to offer.
We will also try to do an overnight ‘expedition’ staying in a mountain refuge – a great opportunity for people to really do something extreme. This is an extra cost and depends on conditions and ability of the group.
And if the snow conditions aren’t right every day? The back-up plan is to get some jump instruction in, do some boarder cross work, and try and break some records on the downhill speed course. Ready for action?
We have guides booked for four full days, as well as a half day session to go through mountain safety, avalanche awareness and avalanche rescue.
The guides are included in the price of your trip, as is your avalanche safety kit.
- You’ll be staying in our original chalet in Morzine, Chalet Armaillis. There is a choice of twin / double or same-sex quad rooms.
- Safety equipment (beacon, probe, shovel) If you have your own, do bring it!
- 1 afternoon mountain safety / avalanche training
- 2 half days and 3 full days guiding
- Shared accommodation (Don’t worry if you’re travelling solo, we’ll match you with someone the same sex).
- Welcome drinks.
- 5 evening meals on evenings of the chalet’s choice (normally we eat out on the first / last evenings, but it’s all pretty flexi).
- Unlimited beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee & hot chocolate (alcohol with meals).
- Breakfast each morning of porridge, cereal, baguettes, jams, toast, fruit, eggs … we have a cooked option available each day and on one morning we will have a full English fried breakfast.
- You are welcome to make sandwiches and take packed lunches out of the chalet supplies.
- “Raid the fridge” policy, with snacks, biscuits, cakes, waffles etc available in the afternoons.
- HOFNAR hosts do everything from cooking breakfast and hanging out on the slopes with you to preparing dinner and leading the all important aprés!
- Benefit of staying with a small group of like minded people, in a really laid back chalet where you can raid the fridge, wander around in your pyjamas, really make yourself at home and there are no kids!
What’s NOT included?
- Flights – you just need to get yourself to Geneva Airport (look on kayak.co.uk or skyscanner.net for some of the best prices). Any arrival or departure times are fine and it’s OK if guests aren’t on the same flights. No problem.
- Transfers from / to the airport. We can easily arrange this for you for a cost of £110pp return.
- Clothing – you need your own ski / snowboard gear – beg, borrow, steal from friends otherwise use ebay, TK Maxx. Check out our packing list or if you need more help just give us a shout!
- Insurance – please have comprehensive travel insurance including winter sports cover in place asap!
- Two nights we normally go out for dinner as a group and at your own expense. Typically we’ll go for a fairly informal pizza on the first night and something more “Français” on the last.