15th or 16th October 2020 – 12 places COVID CANCEL 🙁
12th or 13th November 2020 – 12 places
£384 for 3 nights (£359 MatesRates)
£268 for 2 nights (£243 MatesRates)
October & November in the mountains of Wales is the best time. Beautiful autumn shades, deserted paths, and crisp blue skies (hopefully!)
On this trip there is the option to join us for two or three nights – arrive on the Thursday or the Friday…
For this trip you should be fairly fit. If you are unsure, get in touch and we can talk you through the trip and between us we can work out if you’ll struggle.
Suggested itinerary (a little flexi depending on weather…)
- Thursday evening: we’ll meet at the Vagabond hostel in Betws-y-Coed. Let’s head out for dinner and work the plan out for the weekend.
- Friday morning we’ll head out early to meet our guides from Bearded Men Adventures. We’ll explore together the gorges of the Afon Prysor. This is clambering in the river, abseiling, jumping, climbing in one of the most beautiful places – it is actually classed as a temperate rain forest! It’s truly magical. In the afternoon we’ll head to Bounce Below. This is the most ridiculous amount of fun – in an underground cavern they have strung up a whole series of nets which act like trampolines. It’s SO MUCH FUN!!!
- Friday evening we’ll eat at one of the local pubs and meet up with those joining up for the weekend.
- Saturday morning is another early start as we take on Tryfan with our guides from Bearded Men Adventures – this isn’t an easy mountain and we’ll spend quite a lot of time scrambling. But it is rewarding and way more interesting than perhaps the more famous Snowdon.
- On Sunday morning we’ll head to Go Below. This is an entire day underground – exploring the network of deserted mining tunnels now kitted out with zip lines, ladders, swings… it’s like a via ferrata in the dark and it is AWESOME! Obviously we’ll be doing the Xtreme version… 🙂
- This will be the most amazing weekend and you HAVE to come. When you go back to work on Monday morning and somebody says, ‘do anything interesting at the weekend?’….
Included in the price:
- 3 or 2 nights in mixed dorm accommodation at Vagabond hostel
- Breakfast each morning
- 3 night trip includes gorge walking and Bounce Below activities as well as >
- 2 night trip includes guides for hike over Tryfan and entry to Xtreme Go Below
Extras to pay:
- You’ll need to make your own way to Betws-y-Coed. We will encourage car pools from London, so hollar if you need a travel buddy.
- All food and drink apart from breakfast