22nd Jan or 12th March 2022 – 13 places
£950pp in a twin room, £890pp in a triple room
We have always loved the (now famous) Girls Shred Day events happening in Avoriaz each winter. Run by Gypsy Snowboarding they have been brilliant days of community, camaraderie, encouragement, girl-gang fun…
Now HOFNAR has teamed up with the Gypsy crew to do this thing for the whole week, it’s gonna be epic. An all-inclusive, all-ability, all-girl-crew with no upper age limits shredding all over the Portes du Soleil.
Gypsy boss lady Sarah Fish describes The Shred with Gypsy…
“Our Gypsy Trips are focused on making the most out of the whole mountain, we want to give you the tools and confidence to tackle it all and look like a boss in the process. Our years of experience means we know exactly where to go each day to depending on the daily mountain conditions, finding the best snow, quietest slopes and all important restaurants for those much needed pit stops.
Remember it’s our job to set tasks to a mixed ability level, where within that task you can have an individual goal. Don’t sweat, you’ll never feel out of your depth, you’ll always work to your own comfort level, as we know when we can and can’t push you. Always working towards you reaching your full potential, our focus is always fun and what’s achievable.
You have 5 full days coaching with us over the course of your 6 days on the mountain. We like to give you one day off from our team so that you can take it easy and consolidate techniques and tricks learnt over the first few days. Remember this isn’t a boot camp, it’s your holiday and that body of yours might want a lazy hot tub day… did we mention,
you’ve got a hot tub in your chalet!”
Included in the price:
- 5 full days tuition with Gypsy snowboarding
- 7 nights shared accommodation in Chalet Skade – click here
- GGW goody bag
- On the first evening ‘post-shred’ we’ll have a mobility & stretching workshop for a few tips to keep us in good form for the week
- Professional photo session in the park
- One evening we’ll invite Avalanche Cocktails to the chalet for a cocktail evening
- One evening we’ll go head torch Yooner sledging
- Breakfast each morning
- Guests are encouraged to make packed lunches out of the chalet supplies
- ‘Raid the fridge’ policy at all times
- Cakes, biscuits, crisps, snacks available at all times plus homemade waffles
- 5 x three course evening meals (hearty home cooked and loads of it rather than ‘fancy dining’)
- Unlimited tea, coffee, soft drinks, beer, cider and wine) (alcohol only served with meals)
Extras to pay for:
- Transport to / from Morzine (most people fly to Geneva)
- Transport from / to Geneva airport ( we can provide transfers with Ski-Lifts for £80rtn)
- Insurance – all guests must have adequate insurance including winter sports
- Lift pass – a 6 day full area pass is aprox £278
- Kit hire – board / boots are aprox £150
- Clothing – you need your own snowboard gear – beg, borrow, steal off friends otherwise use your local snowboard shop or ebay, Decathlon, TK Maxx… For help just give us a shout!
- We go out for dinner as a chalet twice during the week at the guest’s expense – typically pizza on the first night and fondu / steak on the last night.